Manchester University boat club was founded in 1932 and has since grown into a thriving club filled with novice and senior members.
Every year we take on over 100 members, all of whom are given the opportunities to train at our facilities and go onto compete in events such as BUCS, Head of the River, Women’s Head of the River, Henley Women’s Regatta & Henley Royal Regatta.
We have our own boathouse on the Bridgewater canal along with an extensive fleet of racing shells.
- Agecroft Head 2021It sometimes is hard to pinpoint when exactly Autumn begins. Some say it is marked by the technicoloured changing […]
- Freshers’ Week 2021UoM Sport’s Fair Unexpected flooding on Oxford Road meant that the Sport’s Fair this year was suddenly moved to […]
- 2020/21 HighlightsA Celebration of the Club’s Achievments over the Past Season. After months of lockdown, MUBC returned to some immense […]
- Summer Ball 2021After an arduous Henley campaign, it was time to gather the shirts and the ties, the dresses and the […]
- British Rowing Student Development Camp 2021Between the 2nd and the 5th of September, British Rowing invited not 1 but 3 MUBC athletes, Lauren Auchterlonie, […]
- Henley Royal Regatta 2021After a season of three-word slogans, lockdowns, tiers, and isolation, it is with a great sense of pride that […]
MUBC caters for all rowing abilities, from beginner to elite.
If you’ve never been rowing before, don’t worry – most of our members have learnt to row at the club. We have a very successful learn to row programme, with both competitive and recreational pathways available.
Similarly, if you’re already experienced in rowing, there’s a place waiting for you in our senior squads.
If you are interested in joining Manchester University Boat Club as either a rower or a cox, please complete the following form and we will get in touch with you for more information:
We are also looking for volunteer coaches ahead of the upcoming season. If you are interested in coaching at a club where you can make a huge impact, head over to our Opportunities page to find out more.