Manchester University boat club was founded in 1932 and has since grown into a thriving club filled with novice and senior members.
Every year we take on over 100 members, all of whom are given the opportunities to train at our facilities and go onto compete in events such as BUCS, Head of the River, Women’s Head of the River, Henley Women’s Regatta & Henley Royal Regatta.
We have our own boathouse on the Bridgewater canal along with an extensive fleet of racing shells.
- Head of the River Race 2022Report coming soon…
- Veterans Head of the River Race 2022 PhotosWhilst down in London for The Head of the River Race 2022, MUBC managed to capture at least one […]
- North of England Head of the River Race 2022Race report coming soon
- Women’s Eights Head of the River Race 2022After numerous years of cancellations, a highly anticipated purple and gold return to the tideway came as the final […]
- Summer Ball 2022 AnnouncementCalling all members, alumni, and friends of the club to what promises to be a standout night in MUBC’s […]
- BUCS Head 2022BUCS 4s and 8s Head in Newcastle marked the first major interuniversity rowing event of the year and the […]
MUBC caters for all rowing abilities, from beginner to elite.
If you’ve never been rowing before, don’t worry – most of our members have learnt to row at the club. We have a very successful learn to row programme, with both competitive and recreational pathways available.
Similarly, if you’re already experienced in rowing, there’s a place waiting for you in our senior squads.
If you are interested in joining Manchester University Boat Club as either a rower or a cox, please complete the following form and we will get in touch with you for more information:
We are also looking for volunteer coaches ahead of the upcoming season. If you are interested in coaching at a club where you can make a huge impact, head over to our Opportunities page to find out more.