Our website address is: http://mubc.org.uk.
What data do we collect?
The Club collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, address, student ID number, university course, British Rowing number)
- Equality information (ethnic group, national identity, religion, sexual identity)
- Next of kin information (name, phone number, relationship)
- Information about your connection to the Club (involvement with the Club, committee member, XXI Club membership)
- Information about the interactions you make with our website and email updates (eg. links opened, pages visited)
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide the Club with the vast majority of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Complete the annual Membership survey
- Register as a member of the Club on the GoMembership! British Rowing membership platform (https://britishrowing.azolve.com/)
- Place an order for any of the products available in our online shop
- Email or write to us
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies, or interact with our email updates
The Club may also receive your data indirectly from the following third party platforms. Links to their respective privacy policies are provided below:
- GoMembership! – British Rowing membership provider (http://www.azolve.com/media/131090/PrivacyPolicy.pdf)
- Google – our productivity tools provider (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
- GoCardless – our Direct Debit payment provider (https://gocardless.com/privacy/)
- Stripe – our credit/debit card payment provider (https://stripe.com/gb/privacy)
- MailChimp – our platform for sending email updates (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/)
How will we use your data?
The Club collects your data so that we can:
- Provide data to UoM Sport for External Activities Forms and membership statistics
- Track the diversity of the club and the effectiveness of our efforts in considering the needs of all our members
- Provide personal identification data to Nemesis Boat Club for the purposes of Alumni membership registration and management
- Process orders for products purchased from our online shop
- Email you with news updates and invitations to events
- Make improvements to our website and email updates
How do we store your data?
Data received directly by the Club by email, form, or our website is stored in a restricted-access Google Workspace. Information on how Google complies with data protection laws to keep your data secure can be found at https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/.
Data collected by third party platforms (eg. GoMembership!, GoCardless, Stripe, MailChimp) on behalf of the Club is stored by those third party platforms in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
The online platforms and files containing your data have access restricted to only members of the Club Committee who have a justified requirement to use the data for the purposes defined above.
The Club would like to send you information about news and events of ours that we think you might like (for example invitations to club events and news articles).
The Club will not share your data with other companies or organisations for marketing purposes.
If you have agreed to receive emails from us, you may always opt out at a later date.
What are your data protection rights?
The Club would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request the Club for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Club correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Club to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Club erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Club restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Club’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Club transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our secretary.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Maintaining your ‘Basket’ when using our online shop
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website (allaboutcookies.org) tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Exemption from the appointment of a data protection officer
The Club is not required to have a dedicated Data Protection Officer (DPO) in accordance with guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
- The Club is not a public authority or body
- Our core activities do not require regular and systematic monitoring of individuals on a large scale
- Our core activities do not involve processing on a large scale ‘special categories’ of personal data, or criminal convictions or offences data
All members of the Club Committee are responsible for data protection.
Exemption from registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
The Club is exempt from any requirements to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as the organisation was established for not-for-profit making purposes and does not make a profit.
How to contact us
Please contact our secretary.