Manchester University boat club was founded in 1932 and has since grown into a thriving club filled with novice and senior members.
Every year we take on over 70 members, all of whom are given the opportunities to train at our facilities and go onto compete in events such as BUCS, Head of the River, Women’s Head of the River, Henley Women’s Regatta & Henley Royal Regatta.
We have our own boathouse on the Bridgewater canal along with an extensive fleet of racing shells.
- BUCs HeadLast weekend, MUBC headed up to Newcastle to race at … Read more
- Committee 2023/24Darioush Jalili – President Joe Bramham Butts – Club Captain … Read more
- Novice Race DayOn the 26th November, our novice squads and our supporting … Read more
- 24 Hour RowOn September the 25th, MUBC embarked on a huge challenge … Read more
- 2022/23 HighlightsWith a new season just around the corner, we’d love … Read more
- Summer Ball Gallery 2022Shortly after the annual Two Cities Boat Race, it once … Read more
MUBC caters for all rowing abilities, from beginner to elite.
If you’ve never been rowing before, don’t worry – most of our members have learnt to row at the club. We have a very successful learn to row programme, with both competitive and recreational pathways available.
Similarly, if you’re already experienced in rowing, there’s a place waiting for you in our senior squads.
If you are interested in joining Manchester University Boat Club as either a rower or a cox, please complete the following form and we will get in touch with you for more information: