Head Coach — John Impey
John has been rowing for over 25 years. He learnt to row as an adult and trained 15 year before moving on to teaching others to go faster.
“I have a passion, enthusiasm and dedication to the sport of rowing.”
With a strong focus on technique and finesse, John takes a flexible approach to his coaching in order to adapt to each individual athlete. John joined us in 2016 and his helpful presence is appreciated by all. He has played a key role in fostering a friendly club, with an atmosphere of mutual respect. Our fleet has also reaped the benefits of John’s rigging and repair know how.
Main aim: to create an environment where athletes can develop character, row to the best of their abilities and proudly represent their crew, club, and university
Rowing Coaching History:
- Bedford Rowing Club [Coach since 2005]
- Northampton Rowing Club [Junior Squad Coordinator in 2012]
- Milton Keynes Rowing Club and Juniors Club [Coach in 2012]
- Agecroft Rowing Club [Coach in 2013]
- Trafford Rowing Club [Coach in 2014]
- Manchester University Boat Club [Head Coach since 2016]
Qualified National Umpire [Since 2010]